[WEB4LIB] Re: 99.9% of web sites obsolete?

Avi Rappoport avi-list at searchtools.com
Thu Sep 12 12:21:55 EDT 2002

>Why your coding specifications should be platform independent: You want
>your site to be as accessible as possible to the widest possible
>audience. Standards based coding specifications help the ensure that
>your pages are accessible to the widest possible audience.

My goal is "degrade nicely".  Pages don't have to be perfect in all
systems, but should be *legible* in all systems, including the new
PDA and mobile device browsers.  And for my purposes, search engine
indexing robots are a good example of low-end browsers which simply
need text and minimal markup.

Avi
--
Complete Guide to Search Engines for Web Sites and Intranets
    <http://www.searchtools.com>