[WEB4LIB] Re: 99.9% of web sites obsolete?

Wagner, Kurt WagnerK at wpunj.edu
Thu Sep 12 10:33:25 EDT 2002

blog
Definition
A frequent, chronological publication of personal thoughts and Web links.

Information
A blog is often a mixture of what is happening in a person's life and what
is happening on the Web, a kind of hybrid diary/guide site, although there
are as many unique types of blogs as there are people.

People maintained blogs long before the term was coined, but the trend
gained momentum with the introduction of automated published systems, most
notably Blogger at blogger.com. Thousands of people use services such as
Blogger to simplify and accelerate the publishing process.

Blogs are alternatively called web logs or weblogs. However, "blog" seems
less likely to cause confusion, as "web log" can also mean a server's log
files.

Synonyms
web log

weblog

from marketingterms.com http://www.marketingterms.com/dictionary/blog/

Kurt
Kurt W. Wagner, Information Systems Librarian
David and Lorraine Cheng Library
William Paterson University of New Jersey
Wayne, NJ USA 07470  www.wpunj.edu/library