Adding Remote Authentication

Mary Pugh mpugh at orcaslibrary.org
Wed Sep 11 16:00:48 EDT 2002

We would like to add remote authentication for our electronic databases.  I
have looked at the archives and see discussions on RA problems and
solutions. However I can't find any information on scripts or vendors. I
know epixtech provides RA, but it is rather expensive for us.  We do not
have anyone locally who writes perl and could help us.

I would love to get some suggestions on how we might add this service for
our patrons, based on our limited budget and limited local Web talent.