Online Fine Payment

Peter Schoenberg PSchoenberg at epl.ca
Fri Sep 6 16:14:36 EDT 2002

As part of a discussion of current and future technology issues the question
of online fine payments came up.

My question: could web4lib hear from public libraries that are accepting
online fine payments?

If yes, would appreciate your posting any info you can share or replying
directly to me.

Just a few of the questions we wondered about:
	What are bank service fees like (do service fees exceed the fine
payment amounts?)
	What sort of usage have you had?
	Do any ILS vendors offer this?
		If not part of your ILS, can your system talk to your ILS
(how are patron records updated)?

I know that Richmond Public Library is using Telus's (SRI) Library Online
product for this, we are using Telus's workstation and print management but
not the payments piece at this time.    Wondering about other options.

Thanks.
Peter Schoenberg
Manager - Virtual Services - Edmonton Public Library
pschoenberg at epl.ca      www.epl.ca      (780) 496 1855