[WEB4LIB] Re: Jaws Web Page readers' comments?

Lee Jaffe ldjaffe at cats.ucsc.edu
Tue Oct 1 02:12:25 EDT 2002

We just had a similar demonstration hosted by
our campus Web coordinators group and arranged
by the campus ADA coordinator.  A blind user,
who is also a tech for a local ISP, run his
reader-based system at the same as we looked
at the same pages.  Again, an "eye-opening"
experience.  Even those who thought they knew
everything they needed to know about accessibility
issues were surprised at what they learned.  One
nice feature of the demo is that the presenters
had worked out a list of bad and good practices
in advance and selected sites which highlighted
these practices.  A summary of the presentation
can be found at:
http://www2.soe.ucsc.edu/web-coord/archives/000008.html

-- Lee Jaffe, UC Santa Cruz