[WEB4LIB] web pages without basic information

Peter Scott scott at lights.com
Wed Oct 30 10:04:31 EST 2002

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Drew, Bill wrote:

> In my quest for libraries suing wireless LANs, I have looked at lots of web
> pages recently.  I am amazed at how many main web pages do not have address
> information and telephone numbers for the library or the parent institution.

I agree. But it's not just libraries. I find the same applies to book
publishers and record labels. My latest directory at:

http://allrecordlabels.com

is currently being built and I spend huge amounts of time trying to figure
out where these companies are geographically. Most don't have meta-tags,
and doing domain name lookups can be pretty fruitless.