[WEB4LIB] Re: Hard hyphen and HTML validation

Kevin Bishop bishopk at rpi.edu
Tue Oct 29 18:53:23 EST 2002

Ampersands and non-breaking/hard hyphens -- and other characters,
symbols and elements of the HTML document character set -- should be
rendered using HTML character entities or their numeric equivalents
(e.g., & or & and — [em dash] respectively).

You'll find a collection here for HTML 4.01:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/sgml/entities.html

Search www.w3.org for more ...

Hope this helps.
-kb

Kevin W. Bishop > bishopk at rpi.edu
Communication & Collaboration Technologies
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
   RPInfo: http://www.rpi.edu/rpinfo/
   Kiosk:  http://j2ee.rpi.edu:8080/kiosk/