[WEB4LIB] Campus Pipeline feedback

Richard L. Goerwitz III Richard at Goerwitz.com
Tue Oct 29 17:25:03 EST 2002

Oberg, Steve wrote:

> Would anyone who is using or implementing Campus Pipeline's Luminus
 > suite be willing to share your experiences/impressions with me off
 > list?

Or maybe on-list?

Example questions:

   1) Does it work well with non-portal sites (e.g., sites that don't
      necessarily just want to be a portal, but would rather like to
      take advantage of calendaring, content management, etc.)?

   2) What do templates look like?  How easy are they to construct and
      maintain?

   3) How good are the Java-based clients they use?  How good are their
      HomeSite, Dreamweaver, etc. plug-ins?

   4) How reliable is it all?  How many full-time employees must be
      dedicated to maintaining it?  To migrating an existing website
      over to it?

--

Richard L. Goerwitz III		   Email: Richard.Goerwitz at Carleton.edu
Phone: +1 507 646 5526				   Fax: +1 507 646 4537