[WEB4LIB] RE: HTML Referring?

Randy Souther southerr at usfca.edu
Thu Oct 24 13:15:41 EDT 2002

> By comparison,
> they show Netscape 4 at 2%, and we still have people falling over
> themselves to accomodate NS4.

FYI--if you subscribe to any databases via WebSPIRS, and you have any
Macintosh users, you had better accommodate NS4. On the Mac, WebSPIRS 4
and 5 functions properly *only* on NS4, and Silverplatter says as much
on their support site. It has been this way for years, and they have
shown no serious inclination to correct this problem. While in our case
we are slowly but systematically purging WebSPIRS from our
subscriptions, unfortunately there is a key database for us that is
exclusive to Silverplatter.

So in the end, we "fall all over ourselves" to accommodate our users,
idiots that we are.

Randy Souther
Reference Technology Librarian
Gleeson Library | Geschke Center