e-reference books for Ipaq pda

Naess, Petter pnaess at usa.no
Thu Oct 24 11:12:03 EDT 2002

I'm looking for basic reference books that can be loaded on a Compaq Ipaq
pda. I've been utterly unsuccessful in finding anything of quality (e.g. the
Columbia encyclopedia, a good  English dictionary with 70-80,000 words with
origins, Roget's thesaurus, Bartlett's quotations, the World Almanac and
Book of Facts, etc.etc.) The only thing I've found is the Encarta
dictionary, which is pretty...rudimentary. I'd have thought there would be a
big market for quality reference ebook titles -  how wonderful to have a
world of learning in one's pocket - but the titles I've come across so far
have been very disappointing. Suggestions?

Petter Næss
Information Resource Director
U.S.Embassy, Public Affairs
Drammensveien 18