[WEB4LIB] Re: Dreamweaver's code view (was RE: HTML Referring

Vicki Falkland rch.library at wch.org.au
Tue Oct 22 21:23:22 EDT 2002

> :In MX, the F10 shortcut takes you the code inspector only.  To work in
> code
> :while viewing the WSIWYG, you need to use the Code and Design view
> (under View
> :then Code and Design).

ya, i know that. but the code "inspector" lets me type, why can't i paste
into it?? i could in DW4, and it has been frustrating the heck out of me
that i could no longer do it. IMO, it makes the "inspector" useless ..
whats the point of having it, as WELL as Code View, if one cannot
manipulate it?

thanks for all the other suggestions folks, however:
1. i don't WANNA view code and design together - takes up too much space
and it takes my hands from the keyboard which slows me down (i'm a speed
freak).
2. two monitors are not an option for my situation

>If anyone knows a way around this...I'd love to toggle, too. ...

i found my own solution, of sorts, .. it will have to do:
i changed the keyboard shortcut in "Edit/Keyboard shortcuts" and made F10
change to Code View, and Shift+F10 change to Design view. DW baulked a bit,
because they are those keys were already assigned to the standard set for
other functions, but i twisted its arm, so to speak.

vf