[WEB4LIB] Re: Dreamweaver's code view (was RE: HTML Referring

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Tue Oct 22 17:00:23 EDT 2002

  From: Karen G. Schneider [mailto:kgs at bluehighways.com]
> :In MX, the F10 shortcut takes you the code inspector only.  To work in
> code
> :while viewing the WSIWYG, you need to use the Code and Design view
> (under View
> :then Code and Design).  I was doing the F10 shortcut and having the
> same
> :pasting problems until I realize F10 does not have quite the same
> function as
> :it did in Dreamweaver 4.
>
> I think this is a real loss, btw, and a disappointment in MX.  Unless
> you have a huge monitor, as someone else observed, the screen is really
> too cramped with all that "stuff" on it--being able to switch between
> code and design so quickly is really nice.  I have a 19" monitor and I
> feel it's not enough real estate for the way MX is designed.  If anyone
> knows a way around this...I'd love to toggle, too.

> Karen G. Schneider kgs at lii.org  http://lii.org

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 01:42:18PM -0700, Chan, Ian remarked:
> If you have winXP and an extra graphics card, you
> can setup two monitors that will split your desktop
> across their screens.
> It works well if you are editing code
> on one side and previewing on the other.
>
> Ian

You don't specifically need XP for this.

BTW I notice more people are working with 2 monitors.  Is this
really more productive?  Or is the prestige associated with
more/bigger hardware the real reason behind it all?

Whatever the reason, it seems to require a 'mouse-driven'
approach (whereas I've always been more of a 'keyboard guy'
myself).

Meandering thoughts,
Raymond