LINK/URL MONITORING PROGRAMS

Allison Diaz-Forte findallison at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 11:11:44 EDT 2002

Dear Colleagues,

I am interested in learning what your experiences have been with the monitoring of URLs in the 856 field in library catalogs?  How, and how often do you check these to detect and fix dead links?

I am particularly interested in automated processes. I've been told that you can extract URLs and print to a text file for automatic processing but has anyone used another process.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Allison Diaz-Forte,
Information Networks Division,
National Library and Information System,
Republic of Trinidad and Tobago

faith.yahoo.com