[WEB4LIB] Re: Opera 7.0b1 released

Jodi Thomson jodi at waikato.ac.nz
Wed Nov 13 16:13:40 EST 2002

> Oh I know you can do the same thing with other browsers using
> the Google toolbar, but that's just extra software to
> download when you've got another browser that delivers good
> quality and just includes the functionality as a standard feature.

Mozilla 1.x and Netscape 7.x also have the same feature as Opera built
in. IE 6.x limits its built in search to MSN although I believe that can
be changed with a bit of fiddling (from memory IE 5.x had more search
engine options). IMHO the IE Google toolbar is nice but adds extra
unnecessary clutter

Jodi

Jodi W. Anderson, Mr (A+, MCP) - Computer Systems Consultant
Waikato University Library - Computing Operations Group
Ph: +64 7 838 4323
email: jodi at waikato.ac.nz

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've
forgotten this before."