[WEB4LIB] Site Search Products

Ward Price wprice at panam.edu
Tue Nov 12 18:02:20 EST 2002

Michelle,

We're doing the same thing.  Some search engines provide such a service.
We're in the process of setting up a search site with Google.  I made this
page <http://www.lib.panam.edu/info/sitesearch.html> yesterday. I still
have to work out some kinks, so the page isn't linked to our site yet, but
it works.  WEB4LIBers get to see it before anyone else!

Ward Price

At 02:17 PM 11/12/2002 -0800, Shutt, Michelle Miller wrote:
>We are in the middle of a re-design process for our site. One of the things
>we're thinking of adding is a site search engine (currently the site is over
>500 pages). I don't have cgi/perl or other programming experience (except
>some ColdFusion - but that doesn't really count)and I'm looking for a
>product that's Windows-based (since our Web server is a Windows machine),
>somewhat simple to use, and not thousands of dollars. I've been perusing
>http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/RefCenter/lwmrcwebdev.html#ssearch and
>http://www.searchtools.com/ and have realized that there doesn't seem to be
>a lot out there that isn't linux/unix based. At any rate, I've found some
>information about DeepSearch (http://www.namo.com/products/deepsearch/) and
>wonder if anyone here has used it or knows much about it. It seems like this
>might be a good product for us.
>
>Any other suggestions for site search products also appreciated!

>Michelle C. Miller Shutt
>Technology Support Librarian II
>Richland County Public Library
>2001 Library of the Year