Site Search Products

Shutt, Michelle Miller mmshutt at richland.lib.sc.us
Tue Nov 12 17:12:50 EST 2002

We are in the middle of a re-design process for our site. One of the things
we're thinking of adding is a site search engine (currently the site is over
500 pages). I don't have cgi/perl or other programming experience (except
some ColdFusion - but that doesn't really count)and I'm looking for a
product that's Windows-based (since our Web server is a Windows machine),
somewhat simple to use, and not thousands of dollars. I've been perusing
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/RefCenter/lwmrcwebdev.html#ssearch and
http://www.searchtools.com/ and have realized that there doesn't seem to be
a lot out there that isn't linux/unix based. At any rate, I've found some
information about DeepSearch (http://www.namo.com/products/deepsearch/) and
wonder if anyone here has used it or knows much about it. It seems like this
might be a good product for us.

Any other suggestions for site search products also appreciated!

Michelle C. Miller Shutt
Technology Support Librarian II
Richland County Public Library
2001 Library of the Year