[WEB4LIB] [Fwd: Fwd: Interesting Articles]

Richard Harrison Richard_Harrison at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 12 07:38:59 EST 2002

"Mea culpa" my last, simple forwarding...here are the links.

> The next round of "chip wars" and some entertaining speculation about
> transformations to the landscape for those of us who live by the chip.

Chips on monster wafers:  how the shift to larger wafers and
thin circuits will transform the industry, Business week, 11
November 2002,
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/02_45/b3807002.htm?c=bwinsidernov1&n=link2&t=email

The significance of this development is echoed in another
article that appeared in Fortune magazine the same week.

Intel's $10 Billion Gamble, Fortune, 11 November 2002,
http://www.fortune.com/indexw.jhtml?channel=artcol.jhtml&doc_id=210012