CSS layout quandry

Jimmy Ghaphery jsghaphe at vcu.edu
Thu Nov 7 15:40:45 EST 2002

Gentle readers,

I'm stuck on trying to create a CSS layout for dynamic content.

For now, I'm only dealing with three elements:
navigation (aligned left)
content (to the right)
signature (at the bottom of the page--full width of page)

Here is as close as I can get:
http://www.people.vcu.edu/~jghapher/css/test1.htm

My problem is that when the content is not as long as the navigation, my
signature bleeds under the navigation:
http://www.people.vcu.edu/~jghapher/css/test2.htm

Both pages use the same CSS:
http://www.people.vcu.edu/~jghapher/css/tables.css

I have validated all of the examples in advance.

Ideally I would like to define each of these in such a way that I could
change the entire look solely through CSS. For example, if next week I
want the signature to go in an upper right hot pink box, no sweat.

Thanks for any help,

--Jimmy

--
Jimmy Ghaphery
VCU Libraries

Box 842033, 901 Park Ave, Richmond Va. 23284-2033
phone: 804-828-1103 fax: 804-828-0151
email: jsghaphe at vcu.edu