WAS Accessibility annoyance ... NEW: PDF/Adobe FormServer

Kevin Bishop bishopk at rpi.edu
Tue Nov 5 13:13:00 EST 2002

It's my understanding that PDF is an open standard, not exactly
proprietary.  PDFs can be produced without Adobe software.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/adobepdf.html
http://www.masternewmedia.com/issue16/pdfwithoutacrobat.htm

Speaking of Adobe and PDF ... Does anyone have any experience with their
form server?
http://www.adobe.com/products/server/formserver/main.html

If so, I'd love to hear how you're using it, which business processes it
supports, how well it seems to work, how your users like it, etc.  Is
form creation, editing, data entry, verification, calculation et. al. as
easy as they make it sound?  Are you using digital signatures or other
forms of authentication?  How (well) does it work with XML-formatted
data or other XML-based e-forms?

We're finding that our user community seems to like PDFs in a variety of
contexts.  We're also receiving more and more requests for web-based
forms. So, allowing users to create and exchange form data on their own
would be ... good.

Nancy: What issues do you have with PDFs and AcrobatReader 5.0?

Thanks.
-kb

!!!GO VOTE!!!

Kevin W. Bishop > bishopk at rpi.edu
Communication & Collaboration Technologies
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
   RPInfo: http://www.rpi.edu/rpinfo/
   Kiosk:  http://j2ee.rpi.edu:8080/kiosk/