[WEB4LIB] using audio on public computers

Nicholas Rosselli nrosselli at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 30 07:29:49 EST 2002

We opted to go with the extension cable (for reasons of
ease and cost) but if you want a more permanent solution I
like a product sold by cyberguys:
http://www.cyberguys.com

It's a sound card extender that puts the line out,
microphone, and speaker jacks (plus a volume control!) on
the front of the pc.  You mount it in an unused 3.5" bay.
They sell it for about $14.

Obligatory disclaimer: I don't work for Cyberguys, nor do I
have a financial interest in them - I've simply found them
to be an excellent source of low cost computer supplies.
Nicholas Rosselli

--- Frank Kuziomko <frank.kuziomko at mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
> our public computers are mounted in holders under the
> desk. If someone =
> needs to attach headphones, they have to get down under
> the desk, and =
> search around for the audio output connector on the sound
> card.=20
> Has anyone come across a product that could be attached
> to the desk and =
> extend the pc audio output connector to a more accessible
> area in the =
> front.
> A standard headphone extension cable is too easy to
> remove and tends to =
> get lost, we are looking for something more permanent.
> Thank you.
>
> frank.kuziomko at mcgill.ca
> Library Systems Office
> 3459 McTavish St.
> Montreal, QC
> Canada H3A 1Y1
>
> (514)398-8074

> Due to deletion of content types excluded from this list
> by policy,
> this multipart message was reduced to a single part, and
> from there
> to a plain text message.

=====
Nicholas Rosselli