[WEB4LIB] Re: seeking a browser or software that will display

Richard Harrison Richard_Harrison at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 4 10:23:28 EST 2002

Hi, Thomas!

I flang this at John offlist, but will repeat in part here...

---
If you just want the incoming headers, you need to ambush them with a
local tool. There's an IE specific widget (implemented in HTML) for
doing that at

        http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/q%2Fgetheaders.asp

I haven't been motivated to review the source to reimplement for another
browser client, since I run any browser I feel like as needed. The
widget DOES work in IE...it DOESN'T in Mozilla...I haven't checked it
elsewhere.
---

There's also a suite of methods implemented in Java classes to get
headers only and parse out specific aspects, but that seems a bit like
overkill in this context.

Regards,
<geek>Richard</geek>