WebTV Problem

Robert Sullivan rsullivan at sals.edu
Tue Nov 26 10:57:10 EST 2002

A WebTV user is having a problem with some of my pages.  I check them
with the WebTV Viewer (available from http://developer.msntv.com/, but I
guess I didn't look at them again after I changed to using style sheets.

My coding is very basic and displays adequately in assorted older
browsers, but WebTV users are apparently seeing a page which shifts off
the screen to the left.

An example is at <http://www.scpl.org/assessments/niskayuna/st003.html>.

The section from my style sheet which addresses the problem dt and dd
tags is:

------------
p, pre, table, tr, th, td, ul, ol, li, dt, dd {margin-left: 3%;
margin-right: 3%;}

dd {text-indent: 3em;}

and I also use dt {font-weight: bold; margin-top: 1em;} on this specific
set of pages.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bob Sullivan  <rsullivan at sals.edu>
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)  <http://www.scpl.org/>