Infopeople Library Computer and Network Security Web pages

Lori Bowen Ayre LBAyre at galecia.com
Mon Nov 11 23:10:39 EST 2002

Infopeople is pleased to announce a new area of their Web site dedicated to
Library Computer and Network Security.  These pages are located at
www.infopeople.org/howto/security.

The pages have been created for Infopeople by Connie Lawthers, Jeff
Eisenberg and Lori Ayre.  Infopeople will continue to update the pages as
needed.

Topics addressed on the new Computer and Network Security pages include:

Library Security Principles
	Risk Assessment
	Creating a Security Policy
	Security Threats & Vulnerabilities
	Protection Strategies
User Security
	Network Passwords
	Smart Cards
General Computer Security
	Operating System Hardening
	Anti-Virus Software
	Windows Registry
	Operating System & App Patches
Workstation Security
	Protecting the BIOS
	Microsoft Policies
	Desktop Security Software
	Browser & E-Mail Security
	Securing Office Applications
	Personal Firewalls
Server Security
	E-mail & Web Servers
	Fault Tolerance
	Server Monitoring
Network Security
	Firewalls
	Basic Firewall Config
	Packets & Protocols
	Securing Wireless Networks
	Remote Access Security
Annotated Webliography
Vendor Patches & Security Updates

We invite you to visit the pages and take advantage of the resources
available there.  You can work through all the pages one by one or pop in on
a topic that particularly interests you.

Your comments and suggestions about our Security Pages should be sent to
Lori Ayre at LBAyre at galecia.com.  We'd love to hear what you think about the
new pages and hear how we can make them even more useful to you.

Infopeople Library Computer and Network Security:
www.infopeople.org/howto/security

Lori Bowen Ayre
Infopeople Technology Manager

The Galecia Group