mailing list spamming by Blue Angel Technologies

BJorgensen at thealbertalibrary.ab.ca BJorgensen at thealbertalibrary.ab.ca
Fri Nov 1 12:01:12 EST 2002

Good Morning:

I would like to lodge a public complaint against Blue Angel Technologies for
using the SiteSearch Open Source project mailing list as a vehicle for
spamming.

I sent out an email to the list requesting information about a SiteSearch
license earlier this week; I expected, in good confidence, to receive
information from other SiteSearch Open Source users about where I may find
this license so that it could further aid in our planning for the
development of this exciting Open Source project.

I did receive the information that I required; however, I also received a
direct sales pitch from Jim Mathais of Blue Angel Technologies asking me to
consider purchasing his product. This is completely unacceptable behaviour
and should not be tolerated by our community.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Jorgensen, TAL Online Developer
http://www.talonline.ca