[WEB4LIB] At what point does PWS cease to be sufficient

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue May 7 09:06:32 EDT 2002

>My question is can PWS handle an intranet this size? At what point would PWS
>cease to be a feasible option? The alternative is to use Apache running on
>Linux but I would find PWS easier to administer.

I beg to differ.  The most sensible alternative in your position is
probably Apache 2.0.35 running on the same Win32 box as your current PWS
server.  IMO, any server worth running is worth the couple of minutes you
need to read through the httpd.conf file and set up up Apache.  The Apache
2.x console for Windows greatly simplifies the task of starting,
restarting, and stopping Apache.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu