[WEB4LIB] RE: The word "listserv" copyrighted?

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Fri May 24 17:57:36 EDT 2002

:Actually, as others have also confirmed, it IS a registered trademark,
:and they DO vigorously pursue enforcement of their trademark.  They
:obviously can't go after every person who posts to a list, but they do
:when it is in print, a machine name not running their software, and so
:forth.  I'm copying this to them, and perhaps they'll respond with
:more info.

This is so important to remember that I'm going to find the scotch tape
(I think it's in the same drawer as my velcro) and stick this message on
my refrigerator...  TGIF, or is that trademarked?

Ducking... running... back to the Friday pile!

Karen G. Schneider kgs at lii.org  http://lii.org
Coordinator, Librarians' Index to the Internet
lii.org  New This Week:     http://lii.org/ntw
      lii.org: Information You Can Trust!