[WEB4LIB] RE: The word "listserv" copyrighted?

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Fri May 24 16:52:55 EDT 2002

Friday, May 24, 2002, 2:32:52 PM, you wrote:

BD> Even if listserv had been a registered trademark, it has
BD> not been vigorously protected so it would be in the public
BD> domain. A quick search on any search engine would turn up
BD> more evidence then necessary to defend your argument.

Actually, as others have also confirmed, it IS a registered trademark,
and they DO vigorously pursue enforcement of their trademark.  They
obviously can't go after every person who posts to a list, but they do
when it is in print, a machine name not running their software, and so
forth.  I'm copying this to them, and perhaps they'll respond with
more info.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA