[WEB4LIB] library floorplans

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Fri May 24 12:58:42 EDT 2002

Linda, if you can hook up with whoever handles the engineering part of your
institution, they may already have the material in some CAD
application.  For us, that's Buildings & Grounds.  They can export the
"blueprints" in a number of formats which you can import into a paint or
vector based application de choix.

For the library here, they were able to give us some very rough Postscript
files (.ps) which we then imported into Illustrator (this could have been
done in Freehand as well).  We cleaned the files up, added gradients and
other colors to the rects, added labels and poof voila:
<http://newman.baruch.cuny.edu/about/v_tour/english/map.htm>.

Since the files were already in postscript and vector-based, and since the
end product was going to be an illustration, we just thought an application
like Illustrator or Freehand would be the most appropriate.

LEO

At 12:49 PM 5/23/2002 -0700, Linda Draz wrote:
>Hello,
>
>If you have experience with creating library floorplans for print and/or
>web would you please contact me with any recommendations.

Leo Robert Klein                                Library Web Coordinator
office :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://newman.baruch.cuny.edu
radio station ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://patachon.com/radio