learning to deal with a server

Gillian Wiseman gwiseman at ci.waco.tx.us
Thu May 23 14:34:14 EDT 2002

This may be an off-topic question, but....
My library is soon going to be acquiring a server to host a website and
databases. I will be in charge of said server, based on the fact that I now
manage our online database subscriptions and teach computer classes. Our
current website is managed by the city as part of the city site, so I have
no experience with it.

I know nothing about servers and hosting websites; I barely know any HTML. I
am interested in recommendations of books, websites etc... that I can begin
studying NOW so that in six months I am ready for this project.

What resources would you recommend?

Gillian Wiseman
Electronic Resources Librarian
Waco-McLennan County Library