[WEB4LIB] Re: Google Answers questions

GRAY, PAUL PAUL.GRAY at tccd.net
Wed May 22 18:24:43 EDT 2002

There's an old saying in sales --
maybe one of your reference wizards can find the original source --
"Nothing happens until someone sells something."

It may be trite - it may be crass -- but it is also  --- TRUE

Whether you are out for financial gain - or warm fuzzy strokes from knowing you helped mankind - or whatever
Unless you sell your product -
i.e. - convince your 'customers' first that they have a need that they cannot meet for themselves
then convince them that you can meet that need more effectively and/or economically than your competition your 'product' is just gonna gather dust.

If you think having a superior product alone will get the job done --
Talk to the folks who developed BETA home video :-)

PHG
Hurst, TX