Seeking Good Examples of Marketing in Libraries

Lele, Pradeep Pradeep.Lele at nhmccd.edu
Wed May 22 14:13:59 EDT 2002

		In July, we will be leading a "marketing your library"
module for a week-long summer workshop to certify up to 40 librarians in
distance learning. The week-long session is funded by a grant from the
Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). Our grant is called
"Project LEAD," for Librarians Entering a New Dimension. Librarians from all
over the state of Texas are applying to attend this workshop, so we really
need to have good resources to share.  As a part of a three hour component
on Marketing, we have been drafted to elucidate various marketing concepts
with examples of Marketing as applied to libraries.
		So, to inspire your response:
		What do you do to sell your library? What special promotions
have you used? How does your library homepage market your library? How do
you reach out to faculty/students? Do you have any resources that you would
recommend?
		We are keen on finding good examples of Library Marketing
Plans, Success stories in marketing new library services, Studies of Market
Segmentation etc. We would like to share these resources with the
participants and therefore would like to receive actual samples of anything
you may have successfully used to market your library.
		Thanks
		Please send responses, examples, etc. to
		Pradeep Lele or Sarah Naper
		Reference Librarians
		North Harris College
		2700 W. W. Thorne Dr.