[WEB4LIB] Re: Google Answers questions

Patricia F Anderson pfa at umich.edu
Wed May 22 11:17:06 EDT 2002

Completely aside from "best bang for the buck" issues, what about ethics
and accountability? Google has unidentified folk asking questions which
are answered by unidentified "experts" in topics which carry potentially
serious results. I am thinking specifically of health, but the same issues
apply with making legal or financial decisions, for example. In addition,
in browsing the archives of questions, I have seen some questions that
just shrieked "Answer my homework question for me." :-) Not *quite*
plagiarism, eh?

Patricia Anderson, pfa at umich.edu