[WEB4LIB] Site Map, Site Index

Steven Dunlap sdunlap at ggu.edu
Tue May 21 16:06:58 EDT 2002

When I was Regional Campus/Distance Ed librarian I had to create a site map for the pages I did because our CyberCampus interface opened pages in new windows that did not have browser navigation buttons (no back button).  I had a relatively small number of pages and created a site-map page for them and a link to the site map page from all the pages except the searching tutorials.

http://internet.ggu.edu/university_library/ustudy/map.html

Steven Dunlap   sad at ggu.edu
Head, Technical Services and Systems
University Library - Golden Gate University
San Francisco, California

>>> "Junus, Ranti" <junus at mail.lib.msu.edu> 05/21/02 11:01AM >>>
Hallo All,

I am wondering if any libraries employing Site Map and/or Site Index for their library web site?
Or whether a Site Map or Site Index (or both) is useful or not for Library web site?

Any examples?

Thanks,
ranti.

--