Politics (was library jargon, which was "Our

Sue Kamm suekamm at mindspring.com
Mon May 20 15:43:21 EDT 2002

"Kraemer, Beth" wrote:

  Well, I don't think such standards could be hard and fast and I don't
  think
  anyone should be hung by their thumbs for not adhering!  But
  standards are
  emerging (e.g., logo in top left) and it might be possible to give the
  process a bump through some coordinated effort.  Standards could
  even be by
  logical groupings of libraries (e.g., ARL guidelines) or consortia,
  which
  might have more homogenous users and materials.  -Beth

The kinds of standards that could be developed could be similar to
those we now have for cataloging.  After all, aren't AACR2 and MARC
formats standard?
--
Your friendly CyberGoddess and ALA Councilor-at-large,
Sue Kamm
email:  suekamm at mindspring.com
"Good is not good when better is expected."  -- Vin Scully