[WEB4LIB] RE: Politics

Nancy Sosna Bohm plum at ulink.net
Mon May 20 11:40:32 EDT 2002

Even with  W3C, we still have multiple browsers and platforms with which to
contend. --It's after 8am: Have you looked at your page in IE on a Mac
today?

Seriously though, there's a fine line between establishing policies that
standardize a Web site (and hopefully enhancing usability)  and stifling
creativity (and perhaps hurting usability).

--Nancy

<Schlatter>
> ...every time I put
> a new link on the front page, four other people wanted their information
> there as well.
</Schlatter>

<Sabsay>
> ... How about just a standard Web design?
</Sabsay>

<Kraemer>
>> ...With all the variations in terminology (and layout) *between* library web
>> sites, no wonder users are confused!  ...
>> How about a "Standards of Library Web Design" conference...
</Kraemer>