[WEB4LIB] Re: metadata and related links

Karen Harker Karen.Harker at UTSouthwestern.edu
Wed May 29 14:31:17 EDT 2002

I thought OpenURL provided links to specific documents.  How could it be implemented to provide links to "Related Pages"?

Karen R. Harker, MLS
UT Southwestern Medical Library
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX  75390-9049
214-648-1698
http://www.swmed.edu/library/

>>> Stefaan Renard <stefaan.renard at vub.ac.be> 5/29/02 1:24:10 PM >>>
>I'm looking for examples of library (or educational) websites that are
>utilizing metadata in order to dynamically generate "Related Pages" links.
>Any leads?

Take a look at the OpenURL initiative:  <http://library.caltech.edu/openurl/>

Regards,
Stefaan

>thanks in advance,
>Dianne Cmor                             Email: dcmor at mun.ca
>Information Services Librarian          Voice: (709) 737-7427
>Queen Elizabeth II Library              Fax: (709) 737-2153
>Memorial University of Newfoundland
>St. John's, Newfoundland   A1B 3Y1

Stefaan Renard
Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB)
Universiteitsbibliotheek
Vlink demo: <http://www.vub.ac.be/BIBLIO/vlink/index.html>
Pleinlaan 2, B-1050 Brussel (Belgium)
Gebouw B, 2de verdieping, lokaal 2 B 114
tel (direct) : +32- (0)2-629.37.04
tel (secretariaat) : +32- (0)2-629.26.09
fax (secretariaat) : +32- (0)2-629.26.93
e-mail : <stefaan.renard at vub.ac.be>

to a plain text message.