[WEB4LIB] Re: Re: Google Answers questions

GRAY, PAUL PAUL.GRAY at tccd.net
Wed May 29 10:39:53 EDT 2002

>I've been in various businesses all my life and came to realize that the ideal business model
>would be to give merchandise away, but charge a couple of dollars for each question. This of
>course presumes honest customers.

Well - I'm afraid that is a dangerous persumption.
But - I agree with your model. Giving away the razor and charging for the blades is a tried and true practice that has made many fortunes.

But I fear we are wandering way off topic (and yes I have been guilty)
Maybe someone needs to start a list -- marketing4lib :-)
PHG
Hurst, TX