Bandwidth/Internet Radio

Michelle Rempel mrempel at peacelibrarysystem.ab.ca
Mon May 27 10:44:20 EDT 2002

I'll try this again as it seems the message I sent about this on Friday
ended up in a black hole somewhere.  Do you allow staff to use Internet
radio?  If you have, how have you justified this either way?  Have you done
studies or come across studies that show what kind of consumption of
bandwidth occurs with Internet radio?  We have an approx 1.5 mbps ADSL
connection and are looking at whether or not to limit or outlaw Internet
radio.  Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Michelle Rempel