[WEB4LIB] Re: Re: Google Answers questions

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sat May 25 16:28:47 EDT 2002

:Again, I hope not most.  Most public libraries have budgets which must
be
:voted upon, and, while there are always difficulties in passing budgets
:(particularly when a small library proposes a sizable tax increase to
:support the creation of a larger facility), most budgets do get passed.
:Presumably the people voting yes have some faith in their library.

Absolutely.  But the availability and quality of Internet services and
the support for public library services do not necessarily have a causal
relationship.  We shouldn't assume they're voting for (or care about)
reference services, online or otherwise.  There's nothing tragic about
that, either.

Karen G. Schneider kgs at lii.org  http://lii.org
Coordinator, Librarians' Index to the Internet
lii.org  New This Week:     http://lii.org/ntw
      lii.org: Information You Can Trust!