[WEB4LIB] Information Literacy (was Jargon...which was Usability)

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Fri May 17 18:13:19 EDT 2002

It's funny this should come up just now, since I just spoke on this
topic this week at the Workshop on Instruction in Library Use at
Fredericton, New Brunswick. That is, that we should get better about
integrating information literacy "instruction" (for lack of a better
term) throughout all of our contacts with students, in ways that use
finesse -- what I called "stealth information literacy". This would
certainly include changes to a library's web site. My slides are at
http://www.escholarship.cdlib.org/rtennant/presentations/2002wilu/unb2.htm
. You will have to get past the initial metaphor linked to whitewater
rafting to get to the meat, but hey, you had to be there!
Roy