[WEB4LIB] linking remote results w/local holdings... and some PHP

Shirley Ainsworth shirley at ibt.unam.mx
Fri May 17 14:43:17 EDT 2002

Fernando
We have developed just such an interface here at the National University
in Mexico, with a simple search form to do cross database seaching (Silver
Platter databases, Current Contents, Pubmed, Ovid etc) and then link the
results to the full text journals we have access to here, more than
6,000. In most cases we can go straight to the article from the search
results.
The system is called Hermes, the programs are written in perl, the
journal databases is in MySQL and it all runs on linux.

If you like to know more, you can get in touch directly with Ana Maria
Escalante aescalan at ifisiol.unam.mx.
For obvious reasons the system is limited to our University community, but
the url is http://leviatan.ifisiol.unam.mx/ref/hermes.html

Good luck
Shirley

Shirley Ainsworth