[WEB4LIB] Mouse problems

Howard Pringle HPRINGLE at waukesha.lib.wi.us
Wed May 8 11:09:34 EDT 2002

We ran into the same situation here. Tried superglueing the retaining
rings for awhile but that didn't work too well as we were then unable to
remove the accumalted lint, fuss and crud that accumulated inside the
mouse. Solution - we changed all publicly accessible mice over to
optical. End of problem (and we don't have to swap out mousepads every
week or so after they start looking like freshly plowed fields). The
opticals (we use Logitech) don't cost that much more and have paid for
themselves in reducing the amount of time staff had to pay fiddling
with, cleaning and replacing the old mice.

Good Luck,

J. Howard Pringle               hpringle at waukesha.lib.wi.us
Library Systems Manager    phone: (262) 524-3688
Waukesha Public Library    <http://www.waukesha.lib.wi.us/>
321 Wisconsin Avenue       The opinions expressed are
Waukesha, WI   53186       mine, Mine, ALL MINE!!

>>> Robert Bruce <bruce at accd.edu> 05/08/2002 9:52:30 AM >>>
Has anyone had a problem with missing mouse parts?  And what have you
done about
it?

We just found 6 missing balls and rings this morning.

Thank You for your thoughts.

Robert Bruce
Director of Information/Communication Technology
Learning Resource Center
St Philip's College

San Antonio, Texas

bruce at accd.edu