Meeting and webcast announcement: Directions for the Digital Land scape

Jane Neale nealej at nylink.suny.edu
Thu Mar 28 14:52:23 EST 2002

This message has been cross-posted. Please excuse any duplication.

Dear list member,
The Nylink Annual Meeting, Directions for the Digital Landscape,  will be
held on Monday-Tuesday, April 29-30, 2002 at the historic Gideon Putnam
Hotel in Saratoga Springs, New York.  An archived video webcast of some
segments of Directions for the Digital Landscape will be available soon
after May 1st. You are invited to attend in person or online!

We are looking forward to hearing Keynote Speaker Roy Tennant speak about
the future of the digital landscape for libraries, as well as panelists Amy
Brand of CrossRef, Oren Beit-Arie of SFX and Albert Simmonds of OCLC's Open
Names Service discussing linking services and how these services are
relevant to libraries. Jay Jordan, CEO and President of OCLC, the featured
dinner speaker, will discuss new initiatives taking place in the library
community.

More information on the above and the entire program as well as registration
information can be found at http://nylink.suny.edu/aminfo02.htm
<http://nylink.suny.edu/aminfo02.htm> . The registration deadline to attend
the annual meeting is April 12th.

For more information on the webcast check out the following page:
http://nylink.suny.edu/amwebcast.htm <http://nylink.suny.edu/amwebcast.htm>
.

We hope you can join us either in person on online!

Thanks very much.

Jane C. Neale
Information Technology Coordinator
Nylink