[WEB4LIB] IE Home page

Bill Teschek bteschek at hampton.lib.nh.us
Tue Mar 26 18:21:59 EST 2002

> Does anybody know how to LOCK the home page to prevent it from being
> changed?  We are having problems with web sites changing the homepage.
> Fortres keeps it from being changed manually.

If the workstation you want to lock down is a member of a domain,
you can accomplish this through the use of system policies.
Download and install the IE Admin Kit (IEAK) from Microsoft and
use the .adm files that it generates in conjunction with your System
Policies. It takes a bit of time to get this all set up but once done the
change home page window is greyed out, and it is also won't allow
the changing of a home page by clicking one of those "Make this
your home page" links that cause us so much hassle. I haven't
found a registry tweak yet that will prevent that from happening, at
least for the current IE session.

Bill Teschek
Assistant Director
Lane Memorial Library