[WEB4LIB] Web Form and Access Database

Araby Greene araby at unr.edu
Tue Mar 26 14:16:30 EST 2002

Yes, it is possible to write user form input to an Access database. We do
this with library comments, reserve lists, a discussion board, and staff
input to "What's New", using VBScript and Active Server Pages. The comments
and discussion board apps also send e-mail.

There are many ways to do what you want, as you can tell by the responses
here. Depends on your server, Sys Admin support, and what you are familiar
with. We have a Windows2000 server, and use FrontPage as a site management
tool, so Active Server Pages and VBScript are a good fit.

Beginning ASP Databases (Wrox) has reliable information, but won't answer
all your questions. 4guysfromrolla.com is a great resource for ASP articles.

Will send more detailed information privately.

Best,
araby greene

Araby Greene
araby at unr.edu