[WEB4LIB] What a UCLA Student Thinks of Librarians

Kathy P. Wheeler kwheeler at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Sat Mar 9 11:24:47 EST 2002

That line bugged me too -- I can deal with trying to be funny if one
actually succeeds at it but he doesn't. And that line is so blatantly
sexist as to defy comment. Then, considering that he is at UCLA, which the
last I remember anyway was a very big place, I'm wondering where exactly
is he going to the library or if he's even going at all.

I was also impressed by this:"Now, without bothering to actually research
the program (and possibly forsaking the comic potential), I will attempt
to relay the import of this discovery to you." Yes, why bother to research
something to find out if you might make an idiot of yourself before you
write about it?

 Kathy Wheeler
e-mail: kwheeler at jaguar1.usouthal.edu Electronic Services Librarian
University Library