shareable e-journals database ?

Charles Lockwood CLockwood at loyola.edu
Mon Mar 18 14:30:20 EST 2002

Hello
I am new to this list, aware that homegrown e-journals databases has been discussed
but would like to follow up with a related question.

For those of us starting to make in-house databases of e-journals, (and other online resources to be searched off of our sites), it seems we have to cobble this together by visiting & contacting each vendor/ source and fit the data into our local database.

Have we considered a *shared* version of such a database for download
( I don't mean JAKE) from which we could strip off those vendors/products we don't use when customizing locally?
Filemaker, MySQL, Access etc. ...

I for one would be interested to hear if anyone else has proposed this or made theirs available .....   ?  : )

Thanks in advance
C. Lockwood