[WEB4LIB] Web-based Email

Garey Mills gmills at library.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 18 12:36:56 EST 2002

Eric -

	We just implemented IMP (http://www.horde.org) here at the central
library at UC Berkeley. We addressed the security issue by hooking IMP up
to an SSL-enabled Apache server. We also had the option to make the
communication between IMP's IMAP client and the IMAP server secure.
	One issue that we are dealing with is the anticipated rise in
server disk use as more and more people use IMAP to create server-side
mail folders.
	On the whole, I am very happy with IMP.

Garey Mills
Library Systems Office