[WEB4LIB] Font sizes in IE (was: Carrie Bickner's "Sticky Sites on a Shoestring")

cbickner at nypl.org cbickner at nypl.org
Fri Mar 15 16:28:48 EST 2002

>You can take back control of font sizes in IE by turning on the "Ignore
>font sizes specified on Web pages" setting under Tools >> Internet Options
>.. >> Accessibility...  Then the View >> Text Size menus will work on any
>page.

That is true, but I think that this option is hidden enough that it is a
good idea to avoid sizing fonts with px.

I had hoped to change this on my personal site, but had not found the time.
Plus verdana in 11px is just so darn cute.

This thread has made me see the error of my ways.

I will spend the weekend in repentance.

Carrie Bickner
Web Coordinator

New York Public Library  * The Branch Libraries/OPS * 455 5th Avenue * New
York, NY 10016
Telephone: 212-576-0026 * Fax: 212-340-0988 * Email: cbickner at nypl.org