[WEB4LIB] PHP anyone?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Mar 13 09:50:26 EST 2002

At 07:41 AM 3/13/2002, Peter Scott wrote:
>I've been testing out some PHP scripts to use on my various websites,
>particularly those that can be used instead of javascript, and which don't
>require interaction with a database. I've been downloading them from
>http://www.hotscripts.com and http://www.phpbank.net
>
>Questions: has anyone else been doing this? are you using these scripts on
>your sites? do you have examples? is there any reason NOT to use them?

I can't speak for these particular scripts, but I've become a PHP fan in
general.  Only knock against it recently was a security hole posted last
week: make sure you have installed the required upgrade or patch from
www.php.net.

I find it interesting that you're specifically targeting scripts that don't
interact with databases.  I originally started playing with PHP because my
antique Perl skills were giving me fits doing SQL interactions.  But for
other tasks I still tend to think Perl first.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu